Accessing your surveillance CCTV camera on the internet is one of the most daunting tasks
When you have few cameras and no NVR, or you need the camera to live stream to a social network, or your sole purpose is to watch live with no strings attached. Sometimes people install cameras for live view without needing local video recording such as in public places. This topic is solely dedicated to the questions above.
One of the most underrated features is PPPoE which is pretty handy in the above situation of which people have less knowledge about. Today we will be discussing how to set up PPPoE on camera. This feature gives you direct access to your camera without needing further resources like NVR hardware. The only thing that is required is a public IP address from your local ISP. This public IP is recognisable all over the internet so you need to type this public IP address assigned to you by your ISP and you will be having a direct view of your camera anywhere remote in the world. This same method goes for NVR.
For this method to work, you will have to ask your ISP to provide with username and password for PPPoE. Once the PPPoE credentials are assigned to you by your ISP, they will serve you with public ip address, and this address will be used to access. With this method PPPoE, you won’t need any further configurations.
PPPoE on camera and NVR
- Fire up PPPoEbrowser and Sign in to your camera.
- Now go to configurations
- Select the network on the left menu again under network select basic settings.
- On the right pane select PPPoE tab.
- Under PPPoE select enable.
- Now enter the username and password and click save.
- Now you need to restart the camera to take effect.
- The above same step needs to IP to setup PPPoE on NVR.
Note. By using this method, you will be charged for public IP address by your ISP (internet service provider).
Some Of The Best Quality Products You Must Buy:
- HIKVISION DS-2CD2345FWD-I
- Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I
- Hikvision DS-2CD2746G1-IZS(2.8-12Mm)
- Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P